While we all try to minimise the risk, sometimes accidents happen. If you are injured in a public or private place, you may be entitled to compensation. It is important to have your injuries professionally assessed and seek legal advice as soon as possible.
Our public liability solicitors have assessed numerous public liability cases, including injuries caused by slipping over or being struck by falling objects. Duncan Basheer Hannon will provide a measured and realistic opinion regarding any potential claim and your likelihood of success.
There are a number of things to consider when assessing a public liability claim including:
- The extent of your injury.
- How this injury will affect your income or potential earnings.
- What out of pocket expenses you’ve had to pay in dealing with your injuries (typically medical expenses).
- What ongoing treatment is required to rehabilitate to you.
Typical Public Liability claims
It is difficult to categorise the large range of public liability injuries that can occur. Common claims are as a result of:
- Slips, trips or falls in a public place.
- Injuries caused by falling objects.
- Injuries incurred on private property.
- Injuries incurred on school grounds.
- Injuries caused by animals eg. dog bite
It is important to get advice as soon as possible as time limits on liability claims apply.