DBH Family Lawyers are trained and accredited to participate in collaboration.
Collaborative Law is a chance for you, your ex-partner and your lawyers to resolve a family law dispute outside litigation. Advice is given in an open and transparent way throughout the process. This can ultimately result in minimizing the emotional strain and costs associated with a separation.
Collaborative practice involves an intention and commitment to work together in good faith to negotiate a settlement.
You will both be represented by lawyers trained in collaborative negotiation who will agree to exchange information in a cooporative manner. Everyone involved will participate in the meetings and, if needed, experts will be hired to provide additional information and support.
Advantages of Collaborative Law
- Everyone involved is committed to not escalating a conflict.
- The lawyers and professionals involved are highly trained to help you through the negotiations.
- There is an increased liklihood of the preservation of relationships.
- Hostility and conflict is minimised.
- You retain control over the process and outcome.
- Solutions are tailored to fit individual circumstances.
- Maximises privacy.
- Creates potential for cost savings.