Duncan Basheer Hannon plays an active role in the community and we are proud to be recognised as a pro-active corporate citizen.
Our approach centres on strategic partnerships, sponsorships and donations while also actively engaging with community events and projects.
This community focus means the team from Duncan Basheer Hannon covers many diverse paths and locations.
Locally, we help the underprivileged at the Hutt Street Centre, while further afield we volunteer at community housing projects in India and Nepal under the Habitat for Humanity Program.
Sport also plays a big role at Duncan Basheer Hannon. In addition to being the preferred legal advisors for many prominent sporting bodies, one of our consultants, David Tillett, is a leading figure in world yachting as the Chairman for both the International Jury for the America’s Cup and the International Jury in Sailing, including past and upcoming Olympic Games.
Duncan Basheer Hannon also sponsors grass roots sporting and community clubs and centres, helping to ensure everyone in our community has access to great sporting and exercise facilities. We are also a proud member of the Quarter Club, a philanthropic group of local businesses which raises more than $250,000 per year to support our Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games athletes.
Charities and groups Duncan Basheer Hannon support are:
- West Adelaide Football Club
- Norwood Football Club
- Netball SA
- Gaza Sports & Community Club
- OzBash Outback Odyssey
- Lockleys Bowling Club
- Morphettville Park Football Club
- DBH Road Raise – Supporting Canteen
- Glenelg Junior Lifesaving Club
- Rotary Club of Adelaide
- Adelaide Motorsport Park
- Greenacres Women’s Football Club
- Childhood Cancer Association
- Muscular Dystrophy South Australia
- Cancer Council – Biggest Morning Tea
- Australian Red Cross Blood Service
- Hutt Street Centre
- Housing Legal Clinic (Free Advice)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Quarter Club – Commonwealth, Olympic and Paralympic Athletes
- City-Bay Fun Run
- Muscular Dystrophy Big Red Ride and Run