Skip to content

Amy Nikolovski

- 6 Nov 2015
  • Personal Injury

Have you been involved in a car accident? Here’s how to get fair compensation

No one plans to be involved in a car accident, but it’s something that a lot of people will have to deal with at some point in their lives. If you have been adversely affected by an injury from a car crash or other motor vehicle accident, these are the next steps you should take to make sure you receive fair compensation.

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be able to claim compensation for loss of wages, medical expenses, future loss of wages, and care and support in addition to future medical expenses.

Under South Australian law, an injured claimant may claim compensation if the accident that they were injured in is found to not be their fault.

If you can show that there was negligence on behalf of another party or driver, then you may be able to proceed with a claim for compensation.

What should I do if I get injured?

The first step would be to report the motor vehicle accident to the police and/or your relevant insurer and if injured, seek medical attention.

When you are ready to begin the claim process, you will need to complete an Allianz claim form. You can access the claim forms on the Allianz website or alternatively contact DBH for a claim form.

There are certain thresholds that need to be met for a claimant to be able to pursue damages in motor vehicle accidents claims. As such, it is important that you seek legal advice to discover whether the damages that you have incurred can be claimed.

Take advantage of DBH Lawyers’ free first interview with experienced Adelaide motor accident lawyers. We offer expert legal advice to help you understand what compensation, if any, would be applicable to your claim. Book your consultation today.