Skip to content

DBH Lawyers

- 4 Sep 2017
  • Personal Injury

I am employed in South Australia but I was injured interstate. Do I have any entitlements to compensation?

Many of us are required to work interstate or overseas during the course of our job.

If you are based or employed in South Australia, but get injured while working in another state, you are still entitled to claim through the South Australian Return to Work Act.

If you are employed in South Australia and sustain an injury while working you may be entitled to seek compensation through our State-based Return to Work Scheme.

If a claim is accepted, you would typically be entitled to the following forms of compensation:-

  1. Payment of reasonable medical expenses;
  2. Weekly payments for time missed from work.

In some circumstances, there may also be an entitlement to lump sums payments of compensation for economic loss and non-economic loss.

If you have been injured outside of South Australia and you are unsure if you are entitled to claim, or you have lodged a claim which has been rejected call DBH Lawyers to arrange an obligation free appointment with one of our personal injury specialists.

Call 1800 324 324, or send us a message to get in touch.