Duncan Basheer Hannon has been fighting for employee rights in the workplace for decades, and protecting workers’ entitlements remains a central function of our firm. Our highly regarded and widely recommended team can assist you with a broad range of inquiries including:
Duncan Basheer Hannon is the preferred law firm for many prominent unions and their members in South Australia.
Employment agreements or contracts
If you’re presented with any type of document regarding your wages and conditions, it is often best to seek legal advice before you sign. Agreements and contracts should never put you at a disadvantage when compared to the minimum entitlements national employment standards. This is relevant for everybody working in a full time, part time or casual basis.
Ensure that your employer presents you with all of the documentation required as a new employee. The same would apply when re-negotiating terms and conditions of your contract as an existing employee.
Protecting your entitlements
It is important that you are aware of and understand your rights as an employee. There are many things to take into consideration including:
- You are paid for the hours you work.
- You should never agree to working unpaid.
- You should be aware of your out of hours penalty rates and allowances.
- You should be aware of the minimum employment standards.
- You should seek clarification of the consequences of termination and redundancy and how they will affect you.
- You should never sign an agreement that you are uncomfortable with or do not understand.
Duncan Basheer Hannon employment lawyers can assist you in negotiating your contracts and securing your entitlements.